– My new Aeriae EP Peril Triage will be out on 21 March via all the usual outlets, but you can pre-order it now on Bandcamp and get the first track immediately! Other pre-order options might come up, too
– To accompany the EP, I'm making a series of videos called Aeriae - Live As Can Be. In this first episode I talk about how I got into playing live via Moldover's awesome controllerism video. I demo Lenticular Cup and other music from the first Aeriae shows back in 2009, including the intro riff from Apple IIGS game The Immortal. Then I describe my setup in detail. For the keyboard outro, I play Spy vs. Spy from the Commodore 64:
Aeriae – Live As Can Be 01
– I just added my Flippable Noise Gate ensemble for Reaktor to Reaktor's User Library. I put this effect together because I wanted the FLIP function from Ableton Live's Gate device to be available to me in other DAWs, and figured others might too. Also, a decent gate is about the only thing in the whole world that you don't get with Reaktor when you buy it!
– This year as part of my Clan Analogue activities, I'll be adding missing items from Clan's back catalogue to its Bandcamp page. The first one I added was Re Cognition: The Clan Analogue Legacy Collection
– I advised on the mixing of the Reuben Ingall / David Finnigan album Kill Climate Deniers, out now on Clan Analogue.
– I mastered the spinoff EP The Bolted Report. I contributed a remix to the EP as Profound Actor. The EP also features Ingall/Finnigan, James Atkin of EMF, Future Conduits and iubar Project.
– Clan Analogue's 2015 compilation release Intone: Voice Abstractions, to which I contributed as part of Thallium & Milo with the track God's Rainbow, was shortlisted for the Award for Excellence in Experimental Music at the 2016 Art Music Awards.
– I was a guest on episode 34 of podcast Clash of the Type-Ins. We played my 2011 interactive fiction game Six.
– I've donated a cartoon about the megalomaniacal side of game development to the IFComp 2016 general prize pool. Click the pic below for a closeup:
– To celebrate the inaugural itch.io week, I'm putting my 8-bit interactive fiction meets survival horror meets CRPG hybrid, Leadlight Gamma, on sale from May 9–14 with a pile of bonus content that's only available this week: 40 scanned pages of handwritten design material and three alt and inbetween Belinda illustrations. None of this stuff has been released before in any incarnation of the game or on its websites. And once itch.io week ends, the extra stuff is going back offline.
Click this sentence for the game link
Click this sentence for the sale link and more sale details
The video above shows 89 Leadlight game research images in 20 seconds and is set to Girls from the Leadlight Gamma soundtrack.
– I’ve just released the Aeriae track that I used to open my 2014 live sets: She’s No Heart. It’s a mashup/remix of one of my favourite bands, Qarpa, from Ukraine. Specifically it uses samples from their tracks Небо (from the album Lo-Fi TRавми (2005)), Кирі-ян and No Logo (both from the album Kurva Cum Back (2004)). The video I’ve cut is a mashup of Qarpa clips and concert footage. My thanks go to Qarpa, Qarpa fans and everyone who appeared in, filmed, or otherwise helped create or produce the footage used to make it. Thanks also to Julian Grodzicky and Svitlana Yakovenko who translated Ukrainian lyrics for my understanding.
With Qarpa’s kind blessings, I’m making the track available as a free download. It’s on Bandcamp (stream online, or download in any format) and SoundCloud (stream online, or download as FLAC).
– Aeriae is now on Twitter.
– I just released a room recording of my June 2012 Aeriae set. You can SoundCloud the whole or BandCamp separate tracks.
– Work is well advanced on a new Aeriae EP. It's based on my Victris live set.
July 17, 2015
– I did a 30 minute interview about my game Leadlight Gamma for IndieSider #26. The video starts with an 8 minute overview of the game.